Monday, June 23, 2008

BPC 1st Annual Outdoor Service & Picnic

Yesterday BPC held its first annual outdoor service & picnic @ Riverview Park along the Allegheny River in Tarentum! God was all over our service & blessed us with 12 first time guests plus a perfectly sunny and cool day. It was fantastic worshipping Him outside among the blue sky, water, grass & trees.

After worship I introduced BPC & myself to our neighborhood guests inviting everyone to join us on Sunday mornings at the James 5:16 Center. P. Cal & I then team taught a message Psalm 139:1-12. I explained God knows us intimately, surrounds us, keeps His righteous right hand on us & never lets us go no matter where we are. In other words…He’s got our number…in a very special way.
P. Cal then told one of his famous stories. It seems he was once was asked the following question by a child. “If Jesus is holding onto us with His right hand, what’s He doing with his left?” Holding onto the Father? Wow! It all comes back to the cross, doesn’t it? I then gave an invitation to receive Christ & 3 people came forward! As P. Cal awarded the object bag prize I talked to & prayed with those accepting Christ. (I told you God was all over our service).

Then the feasting began and what a feast it was! Thanks so much to everyone who brought something to share, to Debbie & Kathy for putting it all together and to all the guys who helped set up. It was all worth it! (more pics to come)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

What a fantastic story! I love the idea of having an open air worship service, followed by a picnic! And the park there is the perfect setting!

I love you guys so much and am amazed at what God is doing through you in Tarentum and at the James 5:15 Center.