Tuesday, September 16, 2008

He's always "in it"...

Did you know God is always @ work, “in it”, even we’re not? Consider Job 1:6

“One day the members of the heavenly court came to present themselves before the Lord, and the accuser, satan, came with them.” NLV (lower case “a” in accuser & “s” in satan intentional by writer)

Footnote: The Bible speaks of other heavenly councils where God and the angels plan their activities on earth and where angels are required to give an account of themselves. (1Kings 22:19-23). Because God is the Creator of all angels-both of those who serve him and of those who rebelled-He has complete power and authority over them.

“He has complete power & authority over them” isn’t that good to know. Too many times we get caught up in the “me”, such as “why is ____ happening to me” or “why isn’t ____happening to me” not realizing at that exact moment just who is spinning the earth & directing the seas. (not 2 mention last week’s weather-aka Ike).

All, I’m sure, many can relate to…
personal “pity parties” (& the miserable, lonely sensation following…)
as well as…
the world just “centers around me” & what I’ve got 2 say…(“I Wanna Talk About Me” by Toby Keith…listen to it)

Should our circumstances lead us into a “me centered” existence traversing peaks & valleys? Or, should we center ourselves on the fact that “high court” is in session in the highest heavenlies.

Regardless of how busy or uneventful your life may seem to you, God is “holding court”, He’s always “in it” on our behalf.

No comments: