Monday, June 15, 2009

The Joy of the Lord IS our Strength!

What an incredible action packed weekend for me & BridgePoint Church!

Starting with Thursday evening; our son Gregory has two friends from college living in Pgh so, he suggested that his Mom “Francie” would cook one of “her famous Pasta & Meatball dinners” for them. The 2 guys came over early evening & were not disappointed. As a matter of fact they put a call into Gregory telling him how good dinner was. Way to go Francie, another satisfied customer!

Friday I took some time out to put a fresh coat of paint on the kitchen & bathroom. Trust me it needed it & both rooms look great. Later that day Francie tried getting on line but couldn’t. I called tech support who informed me our wireless router died so, Francie was off to Best Buy to pick up another router before the store closed. BTW; did I mention the Pens won the Stanley Cup!!

Saturday, all morning, was spent on the phone with tech support connecting our laptops to our router & then to our wireless printer. When “they” work correctly everything is great but… when nothing works we’re at “their” mercy. After that I headed to the gym to prepare for BPC’s Outdoor Service & Picnic the next day. Then it was back to the house where I patched my front steps for about an hour & then the rest of the evening was spent printing like a madman!

Sunday Francie & I woke up early to beautiful sunshine, headed over to APC borrowing the box truck & then to the gym. When Dan, Chester, John Bob , Nathan & Levi got there we loaded up the truck & drove to Riverview Park. God has really blessed BPC with incredible, God honoring, hard working & Holy Spirit lead people! Everything was set up for the service & picnic within 1 hour! Way to go team, you all are THE BEST!!

Over 70 people attended BPC’s 2nd Annual Outdoor Service & Picnic & the Lord once again blessed us with great weather! We’re 2 for 2!! The BPC worship band sounded AMAZING! It was so great to worship in such a beautiful park along the Allegheny as the morning boaters sailed up & down the river.

I spoke a short message out of Luke 4:14-21, the passage where Jesus stands up in the synagogue to read Isaiah 61 proclaiming “The Year of the Lords Favor.” God gives us His Spirit & authority so that we can reach our families & friends with the Good News, proclaiming freedom & bringing sight to the eyes of people whose spiritual vision is Out of Focus & Blurry.
Pastor Cal & I tag teamed the message so he followed up with his famous “Bridge Operator” story. The sun brought warmth to our faces & THE Son brought warmth to our hearts! Francie & I had quite a few opportunities to pray with a number of people including a few of our five 1st time guests!

Then the feasting began! Thanks so much to Debbie, Louise & the team who coordinated the food & put it all together. And thanks to everyone who brought something to share. Great food & conversation was had by all! Once again everyone pitched it to help pack it all up & put it all away.

2 hours of my Sunday afternoon was spent carrying logs from my back yard to my front yard. An evergreen tree had fallen in the yard so my friend Wes brought his chain saw cutting the tree up into logs. I loaded the logs into his trailer so he could haul them away for firewood. I am so thankful to God for good friends!

The Joy of the Lord IS our strength who enables us to do all He’s called us to do!

No comments: