Monday, October 26, 2009

They're "tight" with Jesus!

October 09 at BridgePoint Church continues to be AMAZING & yesterday during our svc we had a 2nd round of water baptisms. I had the honor of baptizing 10 people in the name of the Father, Son & Holy Spirit!

The Bible is clear, after giving your life over to Christ the very next step is to be water baptized following the example of Jesus who was baptized by His cousin John in the Jordan River. Now you may say, “Hey, (you don’t have to say “Hey”) I was baptized as a baby.” Well so was I & I appreciate so much that my parents wanted to do that for me. The problem was…I didn’t understand what was going on (I was an infant) and it wasn’t my decision…I guess it was just “what you did” back then. (Hey I’m not THAT old!)

When I gave my life to Christ as an adult I saw that in order to truly follow Him I should get water baptized showing the world that I belong to Jesus! When I went under the water it symbolized that I died to my old way of living & when I was raised up out of the water it symbolized my being raised up to into a new life with Christ. I guess you could say that water baptism is the “Wedding Ring” of the Christian life telling the world that “Jesus & me are tight!”


At BPC we provide all the necessary clothes & products one needs to get water baptized making it sooo easy to take this step. Thanks to Lisa for coordinating the whole thing & to Jim for being my “wing man” in the tank. (I really don’t want to drop anyone-that would be my bad.) Also thanks to Debbie & James for snapping some great pictures! Before the service 3 people were scheduled to be water baptized & when I challenged everyone else…7 people responded & came forward to take this next step with Christ!!

The church we meet in has a built in baptismal tank…with a heater!! It’s big enough to fit 6 people standing at once. So, with the water warm & excitement in the air the baptisms began & one by one those 10 people showed everyone they were tight with Jesus!

Congratulations to Art, Ellie, Pete, Sue, Abbie, Louise, Terri, Cassie, April & Michelle! Francie & I are soo excited for you & we are praying that God will continue to bless your lives because of you obedience to the King of Kings!

No comments: