Thursday, December 30, 2010

BPC's New Years Eve Blessing; Dec 31 6:30-7:30pm

Please be a part of BPC’s 2nd annual New Years Eve Blessing that's happening at the church this Friday December 31 from 6:30-7:30pm. My pastor Jeff Leake best describes the importance & impact a blessing has on all of our lives;

“Speaking blessing is a practice recorded as early as the book of Genesis. Jacob blesses (speaks in faith) over his son Joseph and his two grandsons (Genesis 48:15-16)
“May the God before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac walked faithfully, the God who has been my shepherd all my life to this day, the Angel who has delivered me from all harm
—may he bless these boys. May they be called by my name and the names of my fathers Abraham and Isaac, and may they increase greatly on the earth.

Blessing involves several powerful ingredients:
1. Vision = the person speaking pictures a positive & powerful future for the person being blessed.
2. Affirmation = laying hands on someone and speaking in faith is security-building for a young person.
3. Prayer = as we speak in faith based upon God's promises, we align our words with God's Word and release the power of prayer.
4. Prophesy = often as I am speaking blessing, I am giving the Holy Spirit an opportunity to speak through me something that is prophetic into the heart of someone. The gift of prophesy (1 Cor 14) is to strengthen, encourage, or comfort - often that is happening.
5. Protection = when I bless my kids or speak in faith over my congregation, I am extending the 'spiritual covering' of my life. I am asking God to keep that which is under my care.


If you want to be 'blessed' or to have your entire family experience a 'prayer of blessing' as we prepare to enter a new year” please come out to BPC on New Years Eve from 6:30-7:30pm.

No comments: