Sunday, March 11, 2012

Blessing Others podcast

In part 2 of our “Blessed to Be a Blessing” series we’re talking about “Blessing Others” and the Easter season is the optimal time to do it!

During Easter people’s hearts are open to spiritual things & many start asking themselves; “Does God really exist & if so does He know I’m here?” While focused on Egg Hunts, Baskets 4 the Kids & new spring clothes, in the back of their minds people are thinking about the Cross & the Resurrection asking themselves; “Why did Jesus suffer such a horrible death?” And “Does the resurrection really mean that if I get closer to Him in this life when I die I’ll go to be with Him in heaven forever?” They also may be thinking; “Yeah that’s all great but does the all powerful God of the universe know what’s happening to me & is there anyone on this planet who cares?”

2 Corinthians 5:20-21 tells us; “We are Christ’s Ambassadors” to the world and in Matthew 4:19 Jesus tells His disciples & us; “I will make you fishers of men.” So, as Christ’s Ambassadors and Jesus Fisherman we should Bless Others while allowing the Holy Spirit to draw their hearts to Christ while we help bring in the catch.

In this message I asked everyone to be a Christ Ambassador & Jesus Fisherman handling their own section of the net in 2 parts. Part 1; Hand out to 3 different people an Invitation to BPC’s Eater Service’s and Events. Part 2; Everyone was given an envelope with a 5 dollar bill inside so they could bless someone by taking them out for coffee or their favorite drink. I told people to go have fun & then asked them at sometime afterwards would they briefly tell me about their “Blessing Others” experience.

Just click on the title of this blog post and you’ll be directed to our podcast webpage to here the message. My prayer is that this talk challenges & inspires you to Bless Others!

No comments: