Thursday, December 27, 2007

He's on their lips

Thursday is my fasting & prayer day. I spend the early morning praying in the sanctuary @ APC. It’s dark outside when I arrive but it’s kinda cool to see the sun come up over the next few hours filling the sanctuary with natural light. (even when it’s cloudy) Is this what Jesus may have experienced when He went to pray to His Father in the early morning?

About mid day I drive over to the James 5:16 center & spend a few more hours in prayer. The gym is located on a busy corner @ a traffic light in Tarentum. As I’m praying I look out through the large glass windows @ the front of the building out into the street where cars are traveling in both directions & people are walking by. Tarentum & the Allegheny Valley needs Jesus & we’re so excited to be apart of God’s plan for the area.

I usually end the day by stopping @ Panera in the Pgh Mills for a quick cup of "Joe" & to connect to the Internet checking email as well as other laptop work. (It’s great to see John Bob & Donna’s daughter Erica there. Erica works @ Panera & as she’s leaving for the day we chat for a few minutes) The last thing I do is prayer walk the mall. Today as I was walking, I pasted 2 guys & couldn’t help but hear a small portion of their conversation. (yes, I did slow down a bit, 15 seconds at the most) They were talking about…Jesus, about His arrest; trial & they mentioned the name Judas. During this time of the year, as well as Easter, spiritual conversations tend to be on the lips of people & I’m sure the name of Jesus comes up quite frequently..praise God!

This Thursday was filled with early morning light; busy people traveling in Tarentum & a prayer walk after a good cup of coffee with the name of Jesus on people’s lips…

No comments: