Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Impressions

It's been about a week & a half since my last post so I figured it's about time, don't you?

Anyway, things have been busy since BridgePoint's last monthly svc on 11/18. We had our comeback event on 12/3 which was well attended. The launch team met together this past Sunday afternoon @ the PGH Mills (the crossroads of the Allegheny Valley) food court. We reviewed the areas of ministry & went over the final details of the service. We also talked about Psalm 68:28-35, good stuff! What a great feeling it is that we can talk about Jesus, read His word & pray in public places without fear of someone rushing up to us, slapping the cuffs on & hauling us all away! We live in a great country.

Also in the last few days I watched on DVD "The Passion of the Christ" & "The Nativity Story".

What else is there to say about "The Passion!" During the crucifixion scene after Jesus is stripped of his clothes & He's on the ground...He crawls about 3 feet over to the cross & lays on it...no solder carries Him, He gets on it Himself. Isn't that what the word says, no man took His life, He gave it willingly, freely, Wow, what a God!

During "The Nativity Story" I saw a fresh perspective of Joseph. We know that after he took Mary as his wife they traveled to Bethlehem to register. During the journey Joseph is in charge. He's protector, provider, adventurer, care giver & lifeguard. In other words...Joseph made it happen, whatever needed to be done he did it. From tossing a snake away from Mary while they were in the river to banging on doors as she was about to deliver. Oh yea, he's also the first person on earth to hold the Son of God in his hands. Remember, he knew who he was holding! I think God the Father picked Joseph because He didn't just want anyone being Jesus' earthly Father. God wanted a man of character, compassion, wisdom & strength!

These are the thoughts on my mind & in my heart as I go into BridgePoint's December service & this Christmas. What has the Lord impressed on you during this season?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As I read this entry, I ask myself," Am I a WOMAN of character, compassion, wisdom and strength?" LOrd. continue to shape and mold me into YOUR likeness daily and in increasing measure!