Tuesday, April 15, 2008

CrossRoads message series begins


I can’t begin to tell you how many times I found myself at one of life’s crossroads during my adulthood (is that a word?) since leaving home @ 18. Crossroads are the intersections in life where we find ourselves having to make choices. “If I go left…it’ll take me here. Right will lead me to… and straight…I’ll end up there…” Before Christ the “Which way should I go?” question was easy… “Whatever way I want to!” That’s kind of a gamblers approach to life, sometimes you get it right & sometimes you don’t. And…the odds are always with the house.

Once I made a decision to follow Christ, the choices I had to make at life’s crossroads became somewhat easier to decide on. Still difficult at times but always worth it knowing I was traveling with Jesus. I bet, at one time or another, you’ve found yourself at one of life's crossroads. “Which way should I go?” “Who should I invite to go with me?” “How much will it cost?” are just a few of the choices we all must make at various crossroads in life.

Well, this Sunday I’m beginning a new message series entitled; “CrossRoads, left right or straight. Making correct choices at life’s intersections.” The Bible is Gods “road map” for life & is filled with a ton of instructions that can help guide us towards making correct choices. Over the next 5 weeks some of our topics will include, “How to Make Good Decisions”, “What to do When Crisis Hits” & “What’s the Future Hold?” I hope you can join us for this series.

This Sunday, April 20th following the service, we’ll be hosting a luncheon. Everyone is invited & believe me, you won’t leave hungry!

Regarding choices/decisions; after deciding on Jesus the 2nd best choice I ever made was to ask Francie to marry me…which she did. Yesterday we celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary! Amazing isn’t it?....considering now a days we both don’t look much older than say…30? LOL!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! That's a beautiful picture!! But I have to say that while I might have recognized you Greg from that Picture, Francie still looks /exactly/ the same as that picture! She's beautiful!!!

It's amazing!

I love you guys!