Monday, March 30, 2009

BPC Easter Bash & Egg Hunt 2009

Last Saturday March 28th BPC held it’s very first annual Easter Bash & Egg Hunt! Over 130 parents & children attended!! The James 5:16 Center was packed with games, a coloring contest, Easter egg dying, and food…all FREE. In the Jr. Church room kids hunted for over 250 eggs stuffed with candy!!

Francie and I met and talked with a number of people from the community who expressed their appreciation to BPC for hosting the event. I also had an opportunity to pray with a young lady whose sister was battling cancer. She came up to me saying, “Can I talk to you about my sister?” She then explained that things didn’t look too good. I put my arm around her & we called out to God together for her sister who was in a hospital intensive care unit. She thanked me and I told her that I would continue to pray for her sister.

The Bible is clear…Jesus met people where they were. Whether on the streets or in their homes. He first met their felt needs and then connected them to His Father! That’s what BridgePoint Church is all about…“Connecting Real People to the Real God”!!

Thanks to everyone who donated eggs and candy as well as giving of your time, talents & resources!! A lot of “Connecting” was happening at BPC on Saturday!

No comments: