Sunday, September 30, 2007

BPC "tale of the tape" cont.

This evening during our weekly launch team meeting we had a great time of concentrated prayer. We divided into 5 groups praying for the following: against the attacks of the enemy, for the salvation of family, friends & the people of Tarentum, for the Boro officials, police, fire & EMT, for continued unity & protection for the launch team and for the 1st preview service on Oct. 21st. It's my desire BPC continue to be bathed in prayer!

Speaking of prayer, a little over 2 years ago I seriously began praying about church planting. For me it all started in August of 2000 when P. Jeff asked me to consider "planting." My response to the Lord & to Jeff, "No. Not me." During the next 5 years the "planting" question reoccurred, my response was the same each time it came up, "No." To be honest I didn't have a good reason for saying no, I felt I just didn't want to do it. More importantly during those 5 years the Lord was doing alot of things in me, bringing me to a place of complete surrender...in many ways that only He can.

Back to 2005, Jeff asked me again about "planting", my response..."Francie & I will take it to the Lord in prayer." After a time of fasting & prayer I responded... Yes, we'll follow God's promptings and "plant." Jeff's response...Go for it! Start a small group & we'll see where the Lord takes it.

We had our first meeting on Tuesday February 7th 2006 with 6 people attending. But more about that next time...

"And pray in the Spirit, on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep praying for all the saints."
Ephesians 6:18

P.S...
We're looking for people to be part of our prayer team. You may or may not not feel lead to join the launch team but would commit to praying for the church. If you'd like to be a part, please respond by commenting to this posting or email at contactbridgepoint@yahoo.com

No comments: