Monday, October 1, 2007

A man named John

I just got off the phone with a man named John. He came to our Block party in August but didn't fill out an information card. John called saying, "I got this phone number from your flyer & I need God in my life. I'm not a religious man, I used to go to church but don't anymore. I've had struggles and issues for years & they caught up with me. I need to get to church."

I spent about 15 minutes with John telling him about BridgePoint & our Sunday evening meeting. He said, "Boy, I wish this was Saturday so I could tell you I'll see you tomorrow." I thanked John for the call & told him we'd call on Saturday as a reminder. John said, "Call any time, tomorrow, the next day, Saturday or whenever you want. You call me on Sunday @ 4pm just to make sure." I told him I would call.

In my last post I wrote about our prayer groups in last night's meeting. One of the prayer points was "Salvation for the people of Tarentum." John lives 2 blocks away from the James 5:16 Center in Tarentum! God is always working even when we may not think He is. Our job is to pray, God's job is to draw people by His Holy Spirit! Pray for...a man named John.

"What ever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."
Colossians 3:23

1 comment:

Nick said...

That's awesome Greg!!