Thursday, October 11, 2007

BPC "tale of the tape - the name"

On Sunday evening, September 9th 2007, @ 6pm our group began meeting at The James 5:16 Center in Tarentum. There is more room for us to stretch out for worship, prayer & study. The kids also have a larger space for activities, Bible stories & fun. And then there's the "Boxing Ring", after our meeting all the kids gather in the ring. Jim & Stacey have been incredible inviting us to use the building whenever & for whatever reason we want. Every week we not only pray for BridgePoint Church but also for the ministry of The James 5:16 Center.

Speaking of BridgePoint...how we decided on the name. I had been seeking God for sometime & had written down a few ideas. Nothing really moving or earth shattering hit me or anyone else I had shared my thoughts with. On a Saturday morning in July of 07 while meeting with P. Jeff & Nick Poole, I read to them the names I came up with. Nothing moved of them either. Then I felt strongly to say, "the Tarentum Bridge is a vital part of the community & the Allegheny Valley region. Hundreds of commuters & residents travel that bridge every day. So, the name has to have the word "Bridge" in it." After a few minutes and a few name attempts with the word bridge, P. Jeff said, "How about "BridgePoint?" I said, "That's It!." and threw both of my hands in the air. Nick had a big smile on his face and P. Jeff said, "We got it!"

My last two posts were about team. P. Jeff, Nick, me & the Holy Spirit were a team that morning. BridgePoint is God's name for the new church He's about to plant in Tarentum, reaching out to the entire Allegheny Valley region! The cross is God's bridge so that people can connect to God through a new life in Jesus Christ! BridgePoint is all about "connecting real people to the real God." People who face challenges everyday, people like you & me who need a direct connection to God resulting in a changed life for eternity! That's what BridgePoint is all about!

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Greg! I'm glad find you in the blogosphere. I look forward to keeping up with you guys through your blog. Thanks for the shout out on your blogroll. I'll return the favor.