Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanks to Bill Rossey & the Tarentum PD

On a day we give thanks for so many things I though I would say thanks to Bill Rossey & the Tarentum Police Dept. Here's why...

Last Thursday afternoon I went to the James 5:16 center to pray. Before arriving I was talking on the phone to Jim Biernesser. (Jim, Wes Moore & Jim Adams prepped & painted a 1st coat of paint on the outside of the building on Wednesday) As I parked in the front I saw the work the guys did and it looked GREAT!! I was so excited that I left my car keys in the ignition & closed the door. The keys (only one set) were locked inside. Oh My Gosh!

My first thought was...to check each door (4 door car). Power locks - no chance. My second thought...I can throw a brick through the window. Not good for a pastor to look like he's breaking into a car...not an option. My 3rd thought was...God You've got to get me into this car. (I apologized to Him for not making Him my 1st thought - Ow, that hurts!) Then this idea dropped into my mind, Walk down to the Tarentum Boro building & ask Bill Rossey, the Boro Mgr, if he can help.

When I got to the Boro building Bill was in his office. I explained my dilemma & Bill walked me over to the Police department. (in the same bldg) Bill asked the Chief to call one of his officers to come & pick me up so we could drive back to the James 5:16 center where the officer would get out his slim jim & pop open the power door locks. When we got back to the blg another officer was already working to get the car door open. After about 5 minutes the officers opened the door. (I made sure we got another set made) I thanked the officers as they went back to their patrols.

I then thanked God for His great idea & for Bill & the Tarentum P.D. As I going into the blg, Tim, a pro boxer who lives in the an apartment above the gym said, "Pastor is everything alright. I saw the police cars & thought . Oh no, the pastor was arrested. That's not good. Ha, Ha!" I assured Tim everything was just fine.


No comments: