Thursday, November 15, 2007

Triple Blessing

Saturday evening P. Nick told us, "Hey I found you a car. It's in Philly & he's asking a few hundred" (When Alexandra graduated from CBC in May I gave her my Jeep Wrangler (sweet ride) We believed God would provide another car for her at some point so...we were willing to wait on Him. Meanwhile, Francie & I have been sharing the Camery (230,000 & still rollin baby!)).

A Pastor friend of Nick's had a car donated to him. On Wednesday I flew out to Philly to meet Pastor Otto & pick up the car (152,000). We couldn't do the title transfer until 3:00pm so Pastor Otto & I spent the day together. What a guy... seasoned in ministry with a great heart for church planting! Everything he said I soaked up like a sponge. He also took me around Philly, I saw the "Rocky" steps (I resisted the urge to jump out of the car & run them), Joe Fraziers boxing gym and a few other famous sites. After I got the title transferred & the plate I thanked Pastor Otto for hosting me while in Philly then I "hit the gas". I'm sure I'll be talking to him again.

I left @ 4pm & got back to the Burgh @ 9pm. While I was driving on the pike I thought...God always takes care of His people when they put their hope & trust in Him. This whole thing turned out to be a triple blessing...Pastor Otto was blessed with a donated car, I was blessed by only paying a few hundred for the car & my daughter will be blessed with her own car when she comes home for Thanksgiving. Maybe I should have titled this post "Don't take it unless you can give it away" Pastor Otto would agree with that!
BTW: Don't miss BridgePoint this Sunday Nov. 18th, 10am @ the James 5:16 center..."Turkey or Eagle? Is life eating you alive or are you souring high above it?" Kickin band & refreshments after the service. It will be great fun!

1 comment:

Nick said...

You guys deserve it!!